- Hello Kitty Jesus tattoo. Yes, you read that right. Hello Kitty Jesus Tattoo = Scary—Tokyomango, January 2008.
- England: Another "Christian" claims it is discriminatory to expect her to do the job she's paid to do. Registrar threatens legal action against council over civil partnerships—Ekklesia, 13th January 2008.
- Australia: Politician behaves differently before and after election:
The shadowy Exclusive Brethren religious sect has been guaranteed another $10 million in taxpayer funding for its school campuses, despite being branded an "extremist cult" which "breaks up families" by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd before the election.EXCLUSIVE: Labor backflip on Brethren—LiveNews, 14th January 2008.
A man who believed he had supernatural sexual powers killed his partner's best friend after encouraging her to sleep with him to exorcise her demons.Killer said sex would 'exorcise demons'—Sydney Morning Herald, 14th January 2008 (via Red Wolf).
- Cthulhu Balloon—Neatorama, January 2008.
- Wales: Naughty vicar story!
A Church-in-Wales vicar has been questioned by Dyfed-Powys Police for offences relating to indecent images of children.Vicar arrest over indecent images—BBC News, 14th January 2008.