- United States: Man believed his Pasadena landlord was warlock, killed him—Baltimore Sun, 27th April 2011
- Nepal: Woman battered on witchcraft charge cries for justice—República, 28th April 2011
- Kenya: Woman Hacked to Death Over Witchcraft Suspicion—Nairobi Star (via allAfrica.com), 27th April 2011
- United Kingdom: UFO hovered over Will-Kate wedding venue, shows video—Mangalorean, 28th April 2011
April 2011 Archives
April 28, 2011
Pratlets for 28th April 2011
Herr Ratzinger's Sock-Puppet repeats his lines
England: This is the first paragraph.
It is curious that atheists have proved to be so intolerant of those who have a faith,He said.
As opposed to those having faith persecuting, lets see:
Women, jews, other ("the wrong" sort of christian/muslim) believers, "witches", scientists, or anyone who asks awkward questions, presumably.
Your author would love to accuse the smug and ignorant Patten of lying, but he cannot.
That is because Patten has been so obviously completely brainwashed by the all-encompassing propaganda of the RC church that it is plain that he is simply deluded.
Unfortunately this delusional has-been has just been appointed chairman of the BBC trust!
Lord Patten attacks 'intolerant' secularists
—Daily Telegraph 24th April 2011.
April 19, 2011
Pratlets for 19th April 2011
- Greece: Arsonists attack Corfu synagogue at start of Passover—The Guardian, 19th April 2011
- England: Presenters prepare for Flora Day—BBC News, 19th April 2011
- A timely reminder that Hot Cross Buns are nothing to do with Christianity. Consider the hot cross bun—The Guardian, 19th April 2011
- Nor are Easter eggs. What about Easter, the Bunny and the Egg?—The Bahamas Weekly, 17th April 2011
- And especially not the Easter Bunny! Who is the ‘Osterhase?’—
, 14th April 2011
- United Kingdom: Some people are getting married soon. BEWARE: Prediction spells doom for Royals—Vexnews, 19th April 2011
- India: Techie couple wakes up to witchcraft outside home—Bangalore Mirror, 19th April 2011
- United States: Psychic Could Not Foresee Her Own Arrest—LAist, 19th April 2011
- United States: John F. Kennedy requested UFO files 10 days before his assassination—abc15, 19th April 2011
April 18, 2011
Pratlets for 18th April 2011
- India: Fourth murder in as many days by superstitious fuckwits. Another woman killed for suspected witchcraft—Assam Tribune, 18th April 2011
- England: A vicar and a druid involved in an event to celebrate Malvern's holy wells. Procession will celebrate town's water heritage—Malvern Gazette, 18th April 2011
- United States: An academic study of an Hispanic healing tradition. Anthropology professor explores curanderismo—The Ranger, 18th April 2011
- Israel: French solution proposed to Israel's modesty dicksizing Jewish women. France’s Ban, Israel’s Problem—Forward, 18th April 2011
Bargain of the Day: astrological pong
Today's stunning bargain is this Mercury Retrograde Spray from the Daily OM. It can be yours for a mere $17.95 for a 4oz bottle, which translates as nearly 11 quid for 113.6ml. So, what does this remarkable substance do?
The Mercury Retrograde Balancer Spray is a tool to help influence the powerful positive and negative mental and energetic effects of Mercury retrograde.… To Use: Spray around yourself and your home and work space to protect you from the negative effects of Mercury in retrograde.
Apparently, when Mercury goes retrograde
one often feels mentally wobbly, forgetful, and introverted. Mentally wobbly enough, it seems, to buy something like this!
Thanks to Geri Corvus for drawing this fabulous product to my attention. The site also looks like it will feature in Bargain of the Day in future.
April 15, 2011
On noe,not AGAIN!
The letter from Gliwice diocese also warned that in the best-selling books the “dangerous world of magic is presented as good”
“Teachers and parents should teach children to go the Lord Jesus if they have problems, and not seek help and answers from fortune telling,”
As opposed to the fairy-tales of the Catholic church, one presumes?
Harry Potter books 'unacceptable’ because they encourage magic
—Daily Telegraph, 16th April 2011.
April 13, 2011
Any old Iron?
Jesus crucifiction nails "found"
The film, 'The Nails of the Cross' by Simcha Jacobovici, follows three years of research during which he presents his assertions - some based on empirical data, others requiring much imagination and a leap of faith.
He hails the find as historic, but most experts and scholars dismissed his case as far-fetched, some calling it a publicity stunt.
Some of us might actually call it the demented ravings of a complete head-case, actually.